Patricia White Lawyer Ltd (“PWL”) is the First Lawyer firm of its kind in Yorkshire, Humberside and Cleveland to be authorised by CILEx Regulation for Civil Litigation and Direct Access Advocacy. We provide services alongside Solicitors and Barristers. The founder of the firm is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), Civil Litigation Lawyer and Advocate in Civil Proceedings.
We are based in the City of York, the Civil and Ecclesiastical Capital of the North of England (formerly named Eboracum (Roman period) – 71-410; Eoforwic (Anglian period) – 410 – 627; Jorvik (Danish period) – 867 – 954).
The City was named York from 1066 onwards and for many centuries was acknowledged to be the second City of the Kingdom.
What service do we provide? We are a one stop easy access to Litigation & Advocacy Services.
Why are we different from any other law firm? Simply – with no duplication of fees for instructing external Advocates:
We do it all:-
- Legal advice, case planning and preparation for Court/Tribunal for Civil Litigation and Employment cases;
- Direct Access Advocacy (Representation) in Court & Tribunals;
- Support & Assistance with Dispute Resolution
Legal proceedings are always a last resort and you should make sure you seek the correct advice before you act.
What is a Litigator?
Litigators manage all Civil Litigation processes of cases going through the Courts. Our service is seamless through the whole process of resolving disputes.
We deal with the following for you:-
investigation, preparing your evidence, drafting pleadings (i.e. your statement of case, and applications that may be needed along the way), disclosure of your evidence, and discovery (sharing evidence with the opponent), pre-trial, trial, settlement, costs recovery and enforcement.
Within our network we have carefully selected Barristers who are well known to us and who work with us on dealing with High Court and Appeals if and when necessary.
What is an Advocate?
An Advocate is someone who holds the rights of audience to put a case and argue in Court on behalf of someone else. In the legal profession a person is a qualified Advocate with rights of audience to appear in Court to provide Advocacy and conduct a Trial if they are a Barrister, Solicitor, CILEx Litigator and Advocate, Trade Mark and Patent Attorney or Law Costs Draftsmen.
Why choose us?
- If you want straight talking Lawyers and Advocates using plain English – look no further.
- If you have no prospect of either bringing or defending a claim we will tell you so straight away.
- We are passionate about justice for our clients and work hard to achieve your objectives.
- Upfront costs agreements tailored to individual clients requirements with comprehensive work schedules.
- We can tailor our fees to meet your circumstances – ask about how we can help you rather than struggle with your dispute.
- We are mobile. We meet our clients at home, in hospital, at their office or other neutral venues, where you feel comfortable.
- Reward program – if you recommend us to a friend, colleague or family member, we’ll give you 25% off your next bill (conditions upon application).
- Extended and after hours consultations – we know you are just as busy as we are and we are happy to accommodate all of our clients.
- We offer a free initial half hour consultation – with no obligation to instruct us further.
Contact us to arrange an initial free consultation with an experienced Civil Litigation Lawyer and Advocate